For all residents, organizations, and institutions in Greater Cincinnati to be empowered and equipped to serve as champions for physically and emotionally healthy children through safe and nurturing families, neighborhoods, and communities.
Through its robust network of committed partners, Joining Forces for Children will strive to address and prevent the risks of childhood adversity and work to strengthen families with the skills, knowledge, support and resources they need to nurture their children’s health and well-being.
Our Theory of Change:
Early childhood experiences have a powerful impact on health and brain development. When ACEs trigger toxic stress, the resulting biological changes lead to learning challenges, behavioral health problems, and physical illness. When we reduce the impact of ACEs, we boost child well-being, health, and success.
Our collective impact initiative collaborates to:
- Inform and educate families, communities, and institutions about the effects of adverse childhood experiences.
- Build capacity within our community and among parents to recognize and strategically improve childhood well-being by responding to childhood adversity.
- Identify and implement best-practices and evidence-based interventions in services and supports that build resilience and reduce adversity.
- Facilitate advocacy and policy change that addresses child well-being and reduces the effects of toxic stress.
Forces for Children:
- 4C for Children
- Beech Acres Parenting Center
- Central Clinic
- Child Focus, Inc.
- Children, Inc.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Cincinnati City Council
- Cincinnati Early Learning Centers
- Cincinnati Federation of Teachers
- Cincinnati Health Department
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Cincinnati Youth Collaborative
- Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency
- Clermont County Public Health
- Clermont Northeastern Schools
- Consortium for Resilient Young Children
- Every Child Succeeds
- Family Nurturing Center
- GLAD House
- Greater Cincinnati Foundation
- Hamilton County Job and Family Services
- Hamilton County Public Defender Guardian ad Litem Division
- Harmony Project
- Interact for Health
- Learning Through Art, Inc.
- Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati
- Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC
- Lighthouse Youth Services
- Mayerson Center for Safe and Healthy Children
- Northern Kentucky Health Department
- Northwest Local School District
- Princeton City Schools
- Santa Maria Community Services
- Solutions Community Counseling and Recovery Services
- St. Joseph Orphanage
- Success By Six / United Way
- The Children’s Home of Cincinnati
- Tristate Trauma Network
- YWCA of Greater Cincinnati
If you’d like more information on how you can help, or would like to get involved directly, fill out the form below. Together we can help children and their families become resilient.