All residents, organizations, and institutions in Greater Cincinnati are a collective force that ensures all children are healthy, resilient, and thrive in nurturing families, neighborhoods, and communities.
Through its diverse and inclusive network of committed partners, Joining Forces for Children prevents and reduces the impact of childhood adversity by promoting resilient families and equitable communities
Our Theory of Change:
Early childhood experiences have a powerful impact on health and brain development. When ACEs trigger toxic stress, the resulting biological changes lead to learning challenges, behavioral health problems, and physical illness. When we reduce the impact of ACEs, we boost child well-being, health, and success.
Our collective impact initiative collaborates to:
- Inform and educate families, communities, and institutions about the effects of adverse childhood experiences.
- Build capacity within our community and among parents to recognize and strategically improve childhood well-being by responding to childhood adversity.
- Identify and implement best-practices and evidence-based interventions in services and supports that build resilience and reduce adversity.
- Facilitate advocacy and policy change that addresses child well-being and reduces the effects of toxic stress.
Forces for Children:
- 4C for Children
- All In Cincinnati
- Avondale Development Corporation
- Beech Acres Parenting Center
- Brighton Center
- The Center for Community Resilience
- Central Clinic
- CET Connect
- Child Focus, Inc.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Cincinnati City Council
- Cincinnati Federation of Teachers
- Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Libraries
- Cincinnati Health Department
- Cincinnati Museum Center
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Cincinnati Recreation Commission
- Cincinnati Youth Collaborative
- Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency
- Clermont County Public Health
- Clermont Northeastern Schools
- Consortium for Resilient Young Children
- Cradle Cincinnati
- Design Impact
- EC Learn
- Every Child Succeeds
- Family Nurturing Center
- GLAD House
- Greater Cincinnati Foundation
- Hamilton County Job and Family Services
- Hamilton County Public Defender Guardian ad Litem Division
- Harmony Project
- Holly Hill Youth & Family Services
- Interact for Health
- Learning Through Art, Inc.
- Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati
- Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC
- Lighthouse Youth Services
- Mayerson Center for Safe and Healthy Children
- New Path
- Northern Kentucky Health Department
- Northwest Local School District
- Princeton City Schools
- Project Connect
- Queens Village
- Santa Maria Community Services
- Solutions Community Counseling and Recovery Services
- Success By Six / United Way
- Strengthening Families Northern Kentucky
- Best Point/The Children’s Home of Cincinnati
- Tristate Trauma Network
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- University of Cincinnati Center for Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation
- University of Cincinnati School of Education, Criminal Justice & Human Services
- University of Cincinnati School of Public and Administrative Affairs
- Women Helping Women
- YWCA of Greater Cincinnati
If you’d like more information on how you can help, or would like to get involved directly, fill out the form below. Together we can help children and their families become resilient.